Effective at 6:00 am on Monday, March 7, 2022, trucks whose gross weight exceeds 10 tons are prohibited from using all streets in the City except for State roads, the City’s arterial routes and routes to industrial parks. A map of posted City streets can be found here.
Trucks over 10 tons may still use roads with seasonal weight limits when issued a permit by the City’s Department of Public Works. Permits are granted in two types of situations as shown below:
Blanket authorizations for:
● Contractors providing City services such as solid waste and recycling collection
● Private emergency services such as cleaning sanitary sewer lines
● Heating fuel companies such as heating oil and propane
Blanket authorizations cannot be used for any other use except that authorized on the permit.
One-Time permits are typically used for deliveries and collections such as:
● Building supplies, construction equipment, household goods, furniture
● Roll-off solid waste containers
● Automobiles to dealerships
Please call the Public Works Department at (603) 528-6379 for more detailed information.