Winter Storm Emergency Information
Basic advice to all residents:
- Stay off the roads unless absolutely necessary. If you plan to drive any distance, bring an emergency kit consisting of snow shovel, sand, blankets, bottled water, and candy bars or other food. Travel will be very difficult. Proceed with extra caution on hills and at street intersections. Keep a safe distance between your vehicle and other vehicles, including snow plows.
- High winds and heavy snow may result in downed utility lines and the disruption of services. Citizens are urged not to attempt to touch or move downed utility lines. Instead report the outage/downed lines to Laconia Police at 603-524-5252 or Laconia Department of Public Works at 603-528-6379.
- In the event of a significant snowstorm residents should prepare in a reasonable manner by having an adequate supply of drinking water, food, flashlight and batteries and prescription medications available for their use as utility interruptions and heavy snow accumulations could interfere with both travel and business openings.
- Adopt a neighbor-if you know you have elderly neighbors, check in on them periodically. They may need assistance.
Winter Parking Ban
- The City of Laconia's winter parking ban is in effect from November 1st to May 1st each year. No vehicles may be parked on a public street in the City of Laconia during this time frame from the hours of 12:00 midnight to 6:30 am. Occasionally, due to the severity of the storm, it may be necessary for the City to declare a snow emergency parking ban to allow our Public Works crews to safely and efficiently clear the streets and sidewalks. If an emergency parking ban is put into effect, we will try to get the word out to the public as quickly as possible. Check the home page of this website for emergency alerts relating to parking and other items of an urgent nature.