Before any plumbing work is done or any additions are made to old work, excepting necessary repairs, a plumbing permit must be obtained from the Public Works. Plumbing permits will be issued only to New Hampshire Licensed Master Plumbers. (See "Self Plumbing" exception below). A current plumbing license must be displayed each time a permit is issued. All permits must be obtained prior to the start of work or a 100% permit fee penalty will be applied.
The fee for a plumbing permit is based on the number and types of fixtures.
|Lavatory (1 1/4")||$ 5.00|
|Shower or Tub||$10.00|
|Floor Drain - 2" trap||$10.00|
|Floor Drain - 3" trap||$15.00|
|Floor Drain - 4" trap||$20.00|
Homeowners desiring to do their own plumbing work must obtain approval from the Director and/or the Plumbing Inspector. Homeowners must have the skills required for this work.
- All plumbing must be inspected by Public Works. New construction requires 2 inspections:
- The "slab" or "underground" inspection
- The "rough-in" inspection prior to installation of sheet rock/wallboard.
- Remodeling work will be inspected one time.
- The plumber must be present for all inspections.
- The Plumbing Inspector can be reached at 387-9016.
- Plumbing inspections need to be scheduled 24 hours in advance.
- No plumbing inspections are scheduled on Fridays.
- Modular homes will be subject to traditional air/water tests by the DPW plumbing inspector.