Volunteer opportunities at your library
Library volunteers play an important role as partners in the library’s mission of connecting people to the world of ideas and information. Library volunteer service offers a social experience, exercise, and a valuable chance to help maintain library operations.
The Laconia Public Library has opportunities available for qualified and motivated individuals who would like to contribute to the community.
Are you a good fit to be a volunteer at the library?
Here is a quick guide to determine if you would be a good match for our opportunities:
- Age 18 or older
- Looking for an on-going opportunity
- Able to commit to an on-going schedule (weekly or monthly of 2-4 hours per week)
- Self-starting and self-sustaining after a brief training period
Please note: we do not accept court-mandated or diversion program volunteers.
Library volunteers do many and varied tasks that suit their time and talent. Their contributions to the library are immeasurable and are so appreciated by the library staff.
Here is a list of the volunteer opportunities we currently have available:
- Shelf-reading to ensure an accurate and orderly collection
- Computer tech help for patrons
- Special projects as needed