How to Enjoy the Library From Home
The Laconia Public Library building is currently closed to the public in an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Due to the fluidity of this situation, changes may happen often, please check back here for up to date information.
For COVID-19 (Coronavirus) updates please visit: https://www.nh.gov/covid19/
Materials will be held in quarantine for 3 days, beginning the morning after they are returned. We will check returns in once they are out of quarantine and sanitize them to the best of our ability before putting them into circulation. For your protection, if possible, please wipe down any items you are returning or receiving.
Mondays at noon - Shayla’s tech help on our new YouTube channel
Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10 am - preschool storytime on Facebook Live
Wednesdays at 3 pm - children’s crafts on our new YouTube channel
Thursdays at 3 pm - middle-grade book talks on our new YouTube channel
To the kind souls donating books, we cannot accept anything other than library material returns at this time. The virus is a serious concern and can last several days or more on surfaces. We are quarantining all returns and do not have space or resources available to clean donations. Please do not donate materials at this time.
HOW TO ACCESS MATERIALS FROM HOME
LPL is committed to keeping you entertained and informed throughout this difficult time. Here are some of the great digital resources we offer online:
New Hampshire Downloadable Books (login with your library card number)
- Visit: https://nh.overdrive.com OR download the Libby app to your device
- At this time there are 9843 eBook titles and 6963 audiobook titles (and often multiple copies of each title) available in the NHDB collection to check out and enjoy, as well as our handful of popular magazines. (Limited to 3 checkouts at a time).
Hoopla (login with your library card number)
- Visit: https://www.hoopladigital.com OR download the Hoopla app to your device
- Download/stream ebooks, audiobooks, comics, music, movies, and television shows from an enormous digital collection. (Limited to 5 checkouts per month).
EBSCO Periodical Databases (login with your library card number)
- Visit: https://www.laconianh.gov/738/Online-Databases (click on the EBSCO link)
- Access thousands of full-text articles from popular magazines and scholarly journals.
- For more resources and to see what’s available to request check out our catalog: https://laconia.biblionix.com/catalog/
Due dates have returned to their normal structure. Please contact the library if you are unable to return materials by their due date for an extension. The Library does not charge overdue fines.
Library card account expiration dates have been extended to 8/1/2020.
All library materials can be left in the drop slot near the Church Street entrance. Items will then be placed in quarantine for 3 days before sanitization. They will be checked in after cleaning.
You will still be able to place requests during the closure. Place a hold through your online account, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: (603) 524-4775x12, or text: (603) 556-4666. You will have 1 week to pick-up the items. Provide us with an approximate time for pick-up during our new hours (listed above) and we will set them outside for you.
Homebound delivery and Inter-library loans are not available at this time. If you usually receive outreach and have someone available to come to pick up your requests, we can place them outside for you.
DON’T HAVE A LACONIA PUBLIC LIBRARY CARD?
Call us at 603-524-4775 ext.12 to sign-up for a temporary account. You can also sign up on our catalog page: https://laconia.biblionix.com/catalog/