Rules & Regulations
LACONIA PARKS AND RECREATION RULES AND REGULATIONS
IN ACCORDANCE with the provisions of RSA Chapter 31, Chapter 44 and Chapter 216 of the City of Laconia Public Ordinances, the Laconia Parks and Recreation Commission (“Commission”) hereby adopts the following rules and regulations for the care, protection, preservation and use of the City parks:
HOURS: All parks and beaches shall open at 7:00am and close at 10:00 pm with the exception of Weirs Beach which shall close at midnight. Extended park hours for scheduled events may be available with prior approval from the Commission or City Council.
Please note that Endicott Rock Park has limited capacity of no more than 2200 people. Endicott Rock Park will be closed when capacity is reached until such time as space becomes available.
GENERAL PARK RULES
- No fires are permitted in the parks, except contained in park grills or portable grills. Propane tanks in excess of 5 lbs. are prohibited in parks without prior approval by the Commission.
- Enclosed tents are prohibited in any City recreation area and facility. Shade canopies with open sides are allowed if properly secured and NOT obstructing the view of the Lifeguard.
- Overnight camping or parking is prohibited except with prior approval permitted by the Commission.
- Damage to any structure, plant or natural feature within the City’s park areas is prohibited.
- All waste, charcoal and trash must be placed in the containers provided by the City.
6. Animals walked on park property shall be leashed, & owners are responsible to remove all animal feces. (City Ord. Chapter 113). Animals are not allowed in the water, on the beach or on athletic fields.
- Solicitation and or vending is prohibited in parks, playgrounds or on beaches without special permit from the Commission. (City Ord. Chapter 161)
- No person shall engage in any indecent language, or loud noise which would be offensive to any reasonable person or engage in any disorderly conduct or behavior tending to breach the public peace. This provision will be enforced as per City Ord. Chapter 227.
- Ball playing, horseshoes, and other similar games are allowed only in designated areas.
- Please monitor your children while using the Parks. Park personnel are not responsible for children/minors left unattended by their parents or guardians.
- Motor vehicles are restricted to designated roads and parking areas. Expanded parking is available only by special permit from the Commission. (City Ord. Chapter 221)
- Parks, including beaches, may only be accessed through designated entrances.
- The use of tobacco, vaping, electronic cigarette products is prohibited in any City recreation area and facility. (City Ord. Chapter 216)
- Alcohol is prohibited in all City Parks without special use permit from the Commission for scheduled events.
- Hammocks and inflatables (bouncy houses etc.) are prohibited in any City recreation area and facility.
- Metal detecting in City recreation areas & facilities is allowed by permit only. Digging is allowed in beach sand areas only.
- Golf practice (driving, chipping, putting) is prohibited in any City recreation area & facility not specifically designated as a Golf Course.
- The use of any electrical source at Parks & Recreation facilities is prohibited except by written permission.
- Permit Applications for Special Events seeking an exception from these Rules may be obtained by contacting the Commission at Laconia Parks and Recreation (603) 524-5046.
SWIM RULES/ BEACH RULES:
- Lifeguards are on duty for limited hours only. Use of beaches is at your own risk.
- Children 12 and under must be supervised.
- Inflatables, life jackets, swim fins, snorkels, and tubes are not permitted in the water.
- As time is of the essence please immediately notify lifeguards of any safety concerns or missing persons.
- Persons giving false information or false alarms about swimming, help, and other emergency situations will be subject to prosecution. (RSA 644:3)
- Public swimming is prohibited during swim lesson instruction, except in designated areas.
- Swimming is only to be allowed in designated areas.
- Watercraft, including but not limited to powerboats, sailboats, jet skis, kayaks, canoes, may only be launched from designated areas.
- Beach balls and other soft rubber balls may be used on the beach at the discretion of the park personnel in charge of the area.
Approved by the Laconia Parks & Recreation Commission in April, 2020